THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Please Remove The Earwax.

Monday, May 12, 2008

GROWING UP ON MY OWN

I grew up being very dependent on my family. My parents were always there, not only supporting & encouraging me in my every endeavor, but practically present on my every beck & call. Not that I grew up a pampered princess, fed with a silver spoon; I knew a thing or two about house chores, could cook simple (usually fried) meals, & could just about take care of myself. My parents wanted to provide me with best kind of living they could afford, & so they didn’t burden me with domestic work & such. They raised me well too, so that despite not doing much work I didn’t grow up a spoiled brat.


But all that changed when I got into college. Of course we were ecstatic when I got accepted into UP (who wouldn’t be?), but then a thought suddenly came up to me: Will I be able to survive without my parents near me? I wanted to be close to my family, but I had to choose between sacrificing my acceptance into the premier state university of the country & being away from my family for the next couple of years. Of course I chose to go to UP. What’s a couple of years’ sacrifice compared to the highest quality of education possible & a set future?


I miss my family, but I actually gained a lot from my separation from them. I made new friends, learned new things through experiences, & practiced self-freedom & independence. In the end, having the people I consider the cornerstones of my life far from me caused me to stand on my own & establish my own cornerstones. Besides, I’m in UP. Need I say more?

0 strangers: